Amaya is a complete web browsing and authoring environment and comes equipped with a WYSIWYG style of interface, similar to that of the most popular commercial browsers. With such an interface, users do not need to know the HTML or CSS languages.
Amaya started as an HTML + CSS style sheets editor. Since that time it was extended to support XML and an increasing number of XML applications such as the XHTML family, MathML, and SVG. It allows all those vocabularies to be edited simultaneously in compound documents.
Amaya includes a collaborative annotation application based on Resource Description Framework (RDF), XLink, and XPointer.
- Amaya lets users both browse and author Web pages
- Amaya maintains a consistent internal document model adhering to the DTD
- Amaya is able to work on several documents at a time
- Amaya helps authors create hypertext links
- Amaya includes a collaborative annotation application