Animated Transparent Jpeg Maker 2.2
FREEWAREFILES EDITOR'S REVIEW
Would you like to animate your JPEG images so that they appear like videos? Then try Animated Transparent Jpeg Maker, a handy application that combines multiple images to create animations.
Using Animated Transparent Jpeg Maker
The installer supported 28 different languages, and we simply selected the language we wanted. The installation process was easy and swift, and the program did not attempt to install any third party software.
The graphical user interface did not feature any menu bar but buttons on the upper and right parts of the window, with a preview pane on the lower left part of the display.
We could add images using either the 'Add images' button or via drag and drop feature. The program supported addition of multiple images at once. The image thumbnails appeared on the left part of the preview pane, with the respective durations of their appearance on their right. We could set the delay for individual images or all images at once. We could select images to delete or move either up or down to create the sequence we wanted on our animation.
We could do the same with resizing of images. That was important considering that we could not make animations with images of different sizes. We could also adjust the transparency of the animated images we were creating. Other things that we did included automatic cropping, removing background and blurring opaque edges.
The Options button allowed us to configure JPEG compression quality, default frame delay, number of plays and internal lossless compression. We could also choose to either keep or remove transparency from the imported animations and make the preview window either transparent or opaque.
The program uses the multiple images to create animated JPEG based on the specified delay in milliseconds. The Preview button allowed us to see how our animated image would appear.
In addition to saving AJPEG images, we could create EXE and animated files.
If you have related images, then you can use Animated Transparent Jpeg Maker to join them to create a video-like animation. Of course, you can use different images, but related ones will make a better presentation.
Software Product Description
What's new in version 2.2:
- added several tranformation tools (in regular and transparency tab + a new tab with transitions);
- "remove background" transformation was improved;
- added Cut/Copy/Paste of frames commands;
- the Undo command can be used now to revert changes for all other commands;
- added a command to clear the Undo buffer;
- in Preferences you can choose the balance between resources used and the speed of the application;
- the Undo and Cancel button were repositioned on toolbar and status bar;
- the current operation, the number of frames and the total amount of time are dinamically displayed in the statusbar;
- images can be copied and pasted from file managers (like Windows Explorer);
- you can now add the transparency of the frames by loading it like separate image files;
- added new imput image format Targa (*.tga);
- newer version of LAV Codecs included;
- few bugs solved.
"reply to Sam Spader"
Review Date: 2016-07-16
Pros: Sam Spader, do you have any idea what "codec" is? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codec These codecs (are more than one) are often not included in the applications and they have to be installed separately. That's common knowledge. One of the best codec packs is K-Lite: https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Other Thoughts: None