Autorun Eater 2.6
Software Product Description
When a device is infected with a malware and an 'autorun.inf' file is dropped, the shell menu is normally modified to execute the malware whenever the unsuspecting user accesses the infected drive.
Autorun Eater will warn you and remove any suspicious 'autorun.inf' files(based on user decision/settings) so that the malware is not executed while accessing the infected drive. There are also certain cases whereby the malware has been removed by an antivirus but the 'autorun.inf' file remains. This will cause the drive to be inaccessible through the conventional method(double-click). Autorun Eater will also remove it if necessary so that you can access the drive as usual.
- Prevent malware infection through removable storage devices(pendrives, portable hard disk, etc)
- Install and forget, Autorun Eater monitors all drives(except A:, B:, and CD/DVD drives) in real time!
- Manually scan drives A: and B: if you have access to either one or both(eg. Floppy)
- Scan the infected storage device automatically with Microsoft Security Essentials
- Pause at any time
- Deleted suspicious 'autorun.inf' file(s) are auto-backup'ed
- Events are logged for future reference
- Fix 3 common critical registry changes made by malwares
You can install the new version over the old version (exit v2.5 first).
If you enjoy using Autorun Eater, please feel free to donate.
MD5 Checksum: 2ec2b86df38cdca49ce6071fcd64c70c
What's New in version 2.6:
- Added: 'Malware Scan' option to scan the infected storage device using Microsoft Security Essentials' command line scanner (only works with version 2.1.1116.0 and above) after removing the suspicious 'autorun.inf' file.
- Added: 'MSE Scan Log' option to view the Microsoft Security Essentials scan log.
- Removed: 'Priority' option in the tray menu.
- Removed: Removed some redundant code to improve startup time and performance.
- Changed: Tweaks to program behaviour.
Review Date: 2009-11-25
Other Thoughts: its good foer autorun.ini