Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update
Software Product Description
Manual Update of AntiVir
Please go through the following steps to update your AntiVir Personal Edition Classic / Premium on a PC without internet access.
- Download the latest virus definition file (IVDF) on a PC with internet access.
- Copy the downloaded file to a portable media storage such as an USB Stick or a CD-ROM for transferring it to the PC without internet access. Note: Extracting of the ZIP file is not necessary.
- Insert the media storage into the PC without internet access.
- Start AntiVir Personal Edition Classic / Premium and go the menu „Update' and select „Manual Update'.
- Select the downloaded IVDF file from your media storage and click „open'.Your AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic / Premium is now up to date. /ul>
"Issues with install and icon"
Review Date: 2016-11-02
Pros: Seems to make low demands on system resources
Cons: Installing took two attempts, first one didn't seem to work. Just gave an error message. When installed a lot of the optional items installed too and had to be uninstalled separately. Then the notification icon vanished. It was running, according to task manager, as was the actual programme. But nothing appeared on-screen. And a quick search of the Web shows this has been an issue for at least 8 years.
Other Thoughts: This seems like a pretty good programme, but the small issues mean that it isn't usable, for me.
Also, for the Antivirus programme to run you have to have the Avira Connect programme running too