Circle Dock 1.5.6 Pick
Software Product Description
Unlike other Dock programs - and indeed the Desktop - Circle Dock allows you to have multiple layers so that you can group similar, or allied, items within folders. Folders can contain other folders as well as documents and programs. Now for those who want a bit of technical information, Circle Dock is a multi-layered, multi-threaded application.
At the base is the (hidden) Main Window which is responsible for controlling the application as well as sending and receiving messages from the Dock's other windows.
All the visible elements - the background, centre button, dock items and their labels - are all unique windows created, positioned, synchronised and controlled by the Main Window.
The only time Circle Dock will consume a significant amount of memory is when the main Properties dialog is displayed; however once this dialog is dismissed, the program's housekeeping routines quickly free-up memory and return it to the system pool.
- Launch your programs from a circular dock.
- Drag and drop your files, folders, and shortcuts onto a circular dock that you can re-size.
- Rotate the dock with either your mouse wheel or the keyboard arrow keys.
- Change the image shown for the icons and change the skins (compatible with icons and skins for Rocket Dock, Object Dock, etc.)
- The dock appears where your mouse is by pressing a hotkey (default is F1) or your middle mouse button, other options available.
- Tested on computers with multiple monitors, Windows XP/Vista/7, 32-bit & 64-bit, and requires only .Net Framework 2.0.
- Automatically works on all Windows Vista and 7 computers and most Windows XP computers.
- A new settings panel that allows you to customize many options. It updates your dock as you make changes. See it change in real time! No need to press an OK button.
- Multi-language capable. Just translate the English.ini file to the language of your choice. 50+ Languages currently available
- Change the image used for the dock icons with the easiest method out there: Just set the program to "Icon Replacement Mode" in the right-click menu of the center icon and you can change all the icon images by just dragging and dropping new PNG images onto them! Huge time saver when you are customizing your dock!
- Built in support for Windows HD Icons. Vector and detailed PNG's come through with great clarity
- toggle the visibility of the dock by moving your mouse to any edge of your screen. By default, the left and right edges are used for toggling. No need to press a button!
- Rotate the dock with your mouse wheel or arrow keys (customizable).
- Reorder and Organize the dock items with new adjustment interface. Located via right click on an item
- By default, clicking on the center button does not open the start menu. You can enable this in the settings panel.
- New easy method of upgrading from older versions.
- Access help files from almost every setting window. Get the help you need immediately without having to search
- Standalone Stacks 2 are now integrate and access directly by left clicking and selecting a stack option (Additional Options added v1.5.)
- Portability creation has never been easier. Now with an improved Circle Dock Portable Maker for Back up and distribution, and excellent Individual and corporate solution!
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
What's New in version 1.5.6:
- Added an option to prevent the mouse-click that toggles the Dock's visibility from being passed-on to other applications. This prevents ugly side-effects.
- The Toggle Button can display the mouse's status and the name of the application under the mouse pointer.
- Added options to the actions for a left-click on the top level Centre Button.
- Repaired the bug that failed to load the "About" text correctly for languages other than English. (For English there was no problem).
- Change the "Loading Settings" graphic to one provided by "Archon of Fate" - for which, many thanks!.
- New object delete animation included ("Laser").
- Added a new German translation by Eric Hoffman: "German (Hoffman)" - for which, many thanks!
- Added alternative translations for Hungarian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian and Turkish.
- Fixed a problem with language detection.
- Tuned the "ellipse" routines to make it easier to configure. I've also added a new routine to calculate dock item positions using different formula: you can test this by selecting "Ellipse 2" as a Dock Shape. "Ellipse 1" uses the pre-existing calculations.
- Dock Item Labels can now contain more than one line of text. Press Ctrl+Enter in the text entry box to start a new line.
- Circle Dock requires to restart itself if either the Z-Order or UI Language settings are changed in the main configuration dialog. This happens automatically when the Settings dialog is closed.
- Drag-and-Drop operations for Dock Items have been enhanced.
- dded the ability toggle the display of Desktop Icons and, for Windows Vista and Windows 7, the Sidebar gadgets.
- The wrong colour appeared for "Add" sub-menu for the Centre Button and Background context menus; this has been fixed.
- Modified the Help Browser to select downloading new versions by Operating System. Choices are "Auto-Detect", "32-bit" and "64-bit". A check-mark appears next to the correct download for your OS and will be the version downloaded if "Auto-Detect" is selected.
- New included Applet: Wallpaper Auto-Changer.