Color Archiver 2.4.0
Software Product Description
The unique color palette let you browse the colors saved so far. All predefined web colors are also there. Very good for web developer to remember their custom colors.
The new search feature helps you find desired color by name. It is so tiny and pretty. It supports all color models like RGB, HSL, HSV, CMY and CMYK.
- Acts as standard Color-Picker
- Clipboard transfer 8x8 image(filled rectangle)
- Support for CMY, CMYK, HSL and HSV color space
- Support for RGB, CMY and CMYK color component display
- Color dialog for HSL color space
- Mouse scroll support for all numeric fields
- Mouse scroll support for Zoom when capturing screen.
- HexConv feature which is very handy for developers
- Measure feature for on screen element measurement in pixels
- Dedicated textboxes for RGB and CMYK colors and enhanced methods to decode color from any of the displayed modes
- Made it true portable by saving all preference in application folder and removing any dependency with registry.
What´s New in version 2.4.0:
- Added text boxes to show/copy RGB and CMYK colors
- color decoding provided from all the enclosed formats (RGB, CMYK, WEB COLOR, HEX, LONG, HTML)
Review Date: 2012-10-07
Pros: I like this program, especially the ability to save the colors I pick so I can get them again in the future.
Cons: I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I get an error saying that "comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies are missing". I had to download that file from a reputable source, extract it and move the file to c:WindowsSysWOW64, then run regsvr32 to register the ocx file. It works after that, but this should have been done in the installation of the program, not manually after discovering there was a problem...
Other Thoughts: I hope the developer fixes this problem so that others will be able to use this program without all of the mickey-mousing around with the missing ocx file.