DVD Slideshow GUI 0.9.5.4 Pick
Software Product Description
But DVD slideshow GUI offers much more:
- 180 different types of transitions.
- Animate your overlapping images using zoom, pan and rotate.
- Add videos(avi/avs) to you slideshow.
- Add music, motion backgrounds, borders and subtitles.
- Export to dvd video, dvd audio, dvd chapters, dvd subtitles, avi, flash, avisynth script, storyboards, single images with backgrounds, etc.
- You can even make and add your own transitions(grayscale bitmaps or in avisynth code) and Post effects(avisynth code) and share them through the forum.
- Import any type of image, any size.
- Change image order move, copy, paste for one or more slides.
- Code your own avisynth transitions.
- Random transition.
- Add your own avisynth, Free Frame, Photoshop CHA/AMP effects.
- Import Exif data with photos.
What's New in version 0.9.5.4:
- MPC-HC(works on Windows 8)
- VS-Filter for subtitles
- HcEnc: More stable when rendering HD
- GFD chapterpoints
- Save External Applications
"minor bugs but works fine"
Review Date: 2010-08-04
Other Thoughts: In my first trial, I imported 43 photos in one pass, and an error message pops up "Can't perform inequality test..." which is obviously meant for the programmer and not the user. Then I retried by importing 15 photos at a time until all photos are imported. That works fine.
Another anomaly is that the photos imported are arranged randomly. You have to manually arrange them, or simply sort them by filename.
Then I could insert music, config duration, and finally succeeded in exporting the project as mpg file. The mpg file can be burnt as Video DVD.
Overall comment is that it is still a good piece of software.