DocFetcher 1.1.19 Pick
Software Product Description
- Automatic index updates: Indexes are updated automatically when files in the corresponding folders are modified, even when DocFetcher isn't running.
- Detection of HTML pairs, e.g. "foo.htm" and a folder named "foo_files".
- Search in source code files.
- Regular expression based exclusion of files from indexing.
- Various file operations on the document repository can be performed through DocFetcher's interface (e.g. creating folders, inserting new files).
- Preview panel with search-term highlighting and a simple built-in web browser.
- Search results can be sorted and filtered by different criteria (filetype, filesize, path, etc.).
- Global hotkey to bring DocFetcher to the front.
Supported Document Formats:
- HTML and plain text (both customizable)
- Portable Document Format (pdf)
- Microsoft Office (doc, xls, ppt)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (docx, xlsx, pptx)
- OpenOffice.org Writer, Calc, Draw and Impress (odt, ods, odg, odp)
- Rich Text Format (rtf)
- AbiWord (abw, abw.gz, zabw)
- Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (chm)
- Microsoft Visio (vsd)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (svg)
Requires Java Runtime Environment, version 1.6.0 or later. Get It Here.
Note: If you have a 64-bit OS, you might have to replace an installed 64-bit Java Runtime with its 32-bit counterpart in order to make DocFetcher work. 64-bit Java is currently not supported.
"can search Chinese content"
Review Date: 2014-07-12
Pros: Can search Chinese content from doc file.
Cons: No option to configure interface language. It shows as simplified Chinese in my computer, but I want English. I deleted the Lang subfolder, and it turns out to be English. That's how to set it to English.
Other Thoughts: Suggest to allow user to change Language in Options.