Pros: - Asks for elevation on Windows Vista and Windows 7 if wiping free space (was not present in previous versions)
- Randomizes file names (did not do this in previous versions)
Cons: - Can take a long time to write/delete files that it created including cleaning up after it is finished
- Requires the .NET framework
- Useless to those who use dark themes
- Much fewer configuration options
- Lower stability than 5.x and older
- Wastes and hogs resources
- Insists on running in the background even if you are not erasing anything (and wasting resources while doing so)
Other Thoughts: Since .NET came preinstalled with Windows 7 I decided to try it out and it was a mess. The developer says that "oh internally it is much cleaner than previous versions" and appears to ignore any negative feedback from others towards Eraser 6.x too as can be seen in forums. At least the developer is OK with free speech to some extent.
(note: I have NEVER posted in their forums and have only seen his reactions to other feedback)
Will stick with Eraser 5.x for now until such time as I find a better tool or write my own tool.