Software Product Description
This is also several programs in one.
- Replacement File Explorer. On restart returning to where you were. (AND MUCH MORE!)
- More accessible 'find' or search function.
- Camera and USB pen detection. autodetects folder where your photos are.
- Info button, to find out where all the disk space is used.
- Extensive, flexible file renaming. (To make searches easier in the future!!)
- Save file/ folder structure to a text file, so this can be printed.
- Save to an html document your favourite internet links. (from Internet Explorer) This can then be uploaded to your Web site.
What's New in version 1.900:
- Added option to view all tree from root. Can be changed under the 'View' option.
- Added profile buttons to renaming of files as well as drop down menu.
- Added new sets, from 10 to 15, Shows how many sets are visible, 4 is default.
- Saving files and folder to file fixed, problem with folders.
- Saving bookmarks from Fav editor now works ok, includes date.
- Recyclebin now shows OK when emptied
- JAM fix, if renaming a file by clicking it and renaming, extension is not selected.
- Quite a few other minor fixes.
Review Date: 2015-03-27
Cons: Not sure how "portable" this program is, because on my Windows 7 system it wrote hidden configuration files to My Documents, and some above that in my user folder, even though I had placed the app itself in a subfolder beneath My Documents. After termination it also left behind a subfolder in AppDataLocalTemp containing 12 MB of data. Nothing was found in the registry, but an app claiming to be portable should be placing all of its files exclusively in its own installation folder. On top of everything else, starting the program was very slow and produced a "Range Check Error" message, an error I've never seen before on my system. It did start eventually, but wouldn't finish loading, judging from the hourglass that never left the screen.
Other Thoughts: From what I saw of this file manager before having to manually force it to terminate, it was actually far worse than the Windows Explorer it was supposed to replace!