Free Download Manager 5.1.17 Pick
Software Product Description
Features of the download manager include: integration with Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and FireFox, powerful scheduler, downloading from mirrors, adjusting traffic usage, ZIP file and audio/video preview.
- Free Download Manager (FDM) offers you a vast variety of options to control and schedule your downloads. This is a light-weight but powerful download manager.
- FDM can resume your broken download so that you needn't start it from the beginning after casual interruption. You can resume unfinished download from the moment when it was interrupted. Also this program warns you if resuming isn't supported by the servers. It allows you to make a decision about the downloading. So with FDM you save your time and money.
- FDM allows you to limit the downloading speed. There are 3 modes of network usage: Light, Medium and Heavy.
- Capability to split download into several sections allows you to increase download speed up to 600%.
- FDM can connect to the Internet at a set time, download the files you want, launch any program, disconnect or shut down your computer when it's done.
- This download manager allows you to specify the settings of network usage, such as login and password, maximum number of connections, default group, etc. So you can avoid adjusting these settings every time you need to create new download from the server.
- Also you can download the whole web sites from the remote server. You can adjust FDM to download files with the extensions you have specified.
- Flash video download
- Audio / video files converter
- Bittorent support
- Easy file sharing
- Free Upload Management
- Remote control
- Portable mode
- Metalink support
- General Public License
- Multilanguage support (desired language may be chosen during installation)
Free Download Manager 3.x features numerous tweaks and innovations, such as prioritized and partial torrent downloads, support for Chrome and Safari web browsers, avast! Antivirus, multifile metalinks, FDM plugins, and many more.
The new structure of FDM settings and a number of other optimizations will surely contribute to its handiness, shaping a neat and fresh impression of the familiar program.
"Auto-Detection-with-Prompting Feature was a really cool surprise"
Review Date: 2015-12-17
Pros: - easy setup - not a RAM hog - multiple features & settings - not complicated to "figure out" - does not appear be free in exchange for incessantly posting annoying pop-up ads in the lower right area of your task bar or browser window like MANY so-called "free" software do...
Cons: + + ZIP _ NADA _ ZILCH + + So-Far-So-Good ! ! ! ! No Complaints here ! !
Other Thoughts: 1. Recommend you get a little familiar with the interface prior to use and when you are ready to start using it keep in mind that you download a program(app) or something like a PDF or simple word processing file clicking a different menu option than you do for media files such as a video or a torrent file. You'll see what I mean, it's not difficult or complicated, but this tip is nice to know in advance.
2. I was really happy to see that after a few downloads, like just a few moments ago, I clicked the download button on a site and did not need to also manually open Free Download Manager or cut & paste anything such as a download page url string or do anything at all,, Free Download Manager has a browser plug-in that detected the download pending and then discreetly displayed a small very easy to read and understand pop-up message confirming that I wanted to proceed with the download (with an option of what directory location, etc etc), I clicked "Yes" and the download went smooth as silk and pretty quick too. That's a real REAL nice touch.
I'm really happy I came across this utility.. for once you actually get what you thought you were getting, and even a few welcome surprises EXTRA,,, and FOR FREE... Thanks Guys... FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER ROCKS