Software Product Description
Freeware-Chess is a simple free chess application. The handling of this program is easy. There is no need to read a manual.
- Free of charge
- Simple use
- Opening database
- Setting the level of difficulty
- Cancel moves
- Exchange chessmen
- Setting chessmen (chess riddle)
- Save and load of games in PGN
- Provide FEN (Forsyth-Edwards Notation)
- UCI: Automaticly play against another chess program (example: Stockfish)
- Languages: English and German
- Small and portable (start up from a USB-Stick)
- No installation is necessary (copy one executable file to a folder you like)
- No adware, no spyware, no commercials
- Doesn't call home
This program won't beat a chess champion. It is a good exercise for beginners and advanced player.
Tested with Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Windows 7.