Hybrid 2017.03.19.1 Pick
FREEWAREFILES EDITOR'S REVIEW
Hybrid is a powerful multiplatform tool you can use to convert almost all types of input to Xvid/x264/ogg/flac/mp3/ac3 within avi/mp4/mkv/mov/webm/m2ts containers, AVCHD structures or Blu-ray. The Qt-based frontend video converter has many great features, including:
- Separated video and audio filter profiles as well as video and audio combi profiles
- The ability to create chapters either automatically or manually
- Support for chapter and subtitle for Blu-ray/mp4/mkv
- Tagging support for mov/mp4/mkv
- Support for several video and audio output formats
- Compatible with different containers
- The ability to automate different functions
- Video/audio pass-through
- Integrated bitrate calculator
The 88.8MB setup file unpacked a 388.5MB program onto our system. The installation process was relatively fast considering the size of the setup file. However, it took about half a minute before starting the installation process once we had clicked on the setup file.
Please note that the program makes some crucial changes on your system configuration. For example, our antivirus program warned us that the program was trying to modify a key system DLL.
Using HybridThe main program window was divided into three main parts:
- The upper part gave us the option to load audio or video file we wanted to work on and make necessary adjustments.
- The lower part of the window displayed the tasks Hybrid was undertaking
- The right part of the display showed details of the selected file
Don't worry if you do not know what a button does, because hovering the mouse over it will display an explanation of its function. We liked the video and audio handling capabilities of the video converter. Besides selecting different output formats, we could choose to generate either video or audio only files by selecting the ignore function. If you have ever struggled to remove audio from a video file, then you will appreciate this function.
Hybrid is suitable for both basic and advanced users. For example, an advanced user may select specific bitrate while someone who does not know what bitrate is all about can choose target size of the output file.
Hidden OptionsIn addition to the various adjustments and functions readily availbla in Hybrid, the program also contains other options that users can easily miss, including:
If you want a versatile video converter that you can use with different file formats to perform multiple functions, then look no further than Hybrid.
Software Product Description
"Failed to create a temporary file"
Review Date: 2015-10-27
Pros: Couldn't tell you
Cons: After almost 10 minutes of checking for interlace, it failed to create a temporary file for the conversion
Other Thoughts: I'll keep looking