Icon Explorer 4.3.2 Pick
Software Product Description
This tool allows to completely manage icon libraries (ICL), standalone icons and executables that contain icons as resources. It supports 32-bit icons as well.
It has a powerful searching tool that searches specified path with directory recursion and examines any file if it contains any icon and then extracts it.
Icons can be saved as icons, individual icon images or bitmaps. It is able to browse and display other image files of many formats.
- TIFF images (*.tif; *.tiff)
- GFI fax images (*.fax)
- SGI images (*.bw, *.rgb, *.rgba, *.sgi)
- Truevision images (*.tga; *.vst; *.icb; *.vda; *.win)
- Autodesk images files (*.cel; *.pic)
- ZSoft Paintbrush images (*.pcx, *.pcc; *.scr)
- Kodak Photo-CD images (*.pcd)
- Portable pixel/gray map images (*.ppm, *.pgm, *.pbm)
- Dr. Halo images (*.cut, *.pal)
- CompuServe images (*.gif)
- SGI Alias/Wavefront images (*.rla, *.rpf)
- Standard Windows bitmap images (*.bmp, *.rle, *.dib)
- Standard Windows icons (*.ico)
- Windows (Enhanced) metafile images (*.emf, *.wmf)
- Photoshop images (*.psd, *.pdd)
- Portable network graphic images (*.png)
- JPEG images (*.jpg; *jpeg)
"Does not see library (.icl) files"
Review Date: 2013-08-15
Pros: works fine with individual icon files
Cons: 1. contrary to the comments above, it does not show any .icl files in my IconLibs directory, which has many of them. 2. Not much in the way of configuration options; it beeps every time I click on something; that quickly gets irritating, and doesn't seem to be configurable
Other Thoughts: None