Internet Explorer for Windows XP 7.0
Software Product Description
- Tabbed Browsing - View multiple sites in a single browser window. Easily switch from one site to another through tabs at the top of the browser frame.
- Instant RSS Feeds - Read RSS feeds directly in the browser, scan for important stories, and filter your view with search terms or site-specific categories.
- New Streamlined User Interface - The Internet Explorer 7 frame is reorganized to make it noticeably simpler, more streamlined, and less cluttered with unnecessary items.
- Phishing Filter - Proactively warns and helps protect you against potential or known fraudulent sites and blocks the site if appropriate.
- Tab Groups - Tabs can be grouped and saved into logical categories, allowing you to open multiple tabs with a single click. A Tab Group can easily be set as the Home Page Group so the entire Tab Group opens every time Internet Explorer is launched from the Start menu.
- CSS Improvements - Addresses many of the major inconsistencies that can cause web developers problems when producing visually rich, interactive webpages.
- Toolbar Search Box - Web searches using your favorite search provider can now be entered into a search box within the toolbar, eliminating the clutter of separate toolbars.
- Favorites Center - Offers easy and fast access to Favorites, Tab Groups, Browsing History, and RSS Feed subscriptions.
- Dynamic Security Protection - Enhances awareness of website security and privacy settings by displaying color-coded notifications next to the address bar.
- Quick Tabs - Provides easy tab selection and navigation by displaying thumbnails of all open tabs in a single window.
Review Date: 2011-03-30
Pros: - Tabs - New IE Version
Cons: - Tabs crash a lot - Active X hole isn't closed
Other Thoughts: This browser should be banned for the # malware drive by installs it allows!