Language Reader 2.01
Software Product Description
Supported voices are English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Korean.
You can select text using your mouse, and hear the selected text being read by pressing a key on your keyboard.
- Read text (word, phrase, sentence, paragraph, document) using Microsoft Text-To-Speech technology.
- Provide a richer on-screen reading experience with multilingual voices enabled.
- Supported languages/voices: American English, British English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Korean.
- Interface language: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch.
- Supported document formats: Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Microsoft Word (doc, rtf), Microsoft Excel (xls), Microsoft PowerPoint (ppt), HTML (htm, html, shtml), Text (txt).
- Cartoon characters, Merlin, Robby, Peedy, and Genie, who serve you as Assistant powered by Microsoft Agent technology.
- Easy-to-use built-in editor to edit text to be read aloud.
- Download and install required Microsoft Speech, Avatar components when needed.
Review Date: 2010-04-12
Other Thoughts: If you like those animated cartoonish helpers this program might be up your alley. It is not bad for free, but there is only a total of 4 voices. A wizard who sounds like MS Mike, a Genie who sounds to me like MS Sam, a Parrot who sounds too tenor and a Robot. No female voices. The character can be dragged about the screen but serves no purpose than eye-candy. For this to be GREAT the developer should include more voices, make the actor optional, and stop bugging about a PDF read I don't wish to download.