Software Product Description
Logisim is used by students at colleges and universities around the world in many types of classes, ranging from a brief unit on logic in general-education computer science surveys, to computer organization courses, to full-semester courses on computer architecture.
- It is free! (Logisim is open-source (GPL).)
- It runs on any machine supporting Java 1.4 or later; special versions are released for MacOS X and Windows. The cross-platform nature is important for students who have a variety of home/dorm computer systems.
- The drawing interface is based on an intuitive toolbar. Color-coded wires aid in simulating and debugging a circuit.
- The wiring tool draws horizontal and vertical wires, automatically connecting to components and to other wires. Itīs very easy to draw circuits!
- Completed circuits can be saved into a file, exported to a GIF file, or printed on a printer.
- Circuit layouts can be used as "subcircuits" of other circuits, allowing for hierarchical circuit design.
- Included circuit components include inputs and outputs, gates, multiplexers, arithmetic circuits, flip-flops, and RAM memory.
- The included "combinational analysis" module allows for conversion between circuits, truth tables, and Boolean expressions.
Requires Java Runtime Environment. Get It Here.