Microsoft Process Monitor 3.32 Pick
Software Product Description
Process Monitor's user interface and options are similar to those of Filemon and Regmon, but it was written from the ground up and includes numerous significant enhancements, such as:
- Monitoring of process and thread startup and exit, including exit status codes
- Monitoring of image (DLL and kernel-mode device driver) loads
- More data captured for operation input and output parameters
- Non-destructive filters allow you to set filters without losing data
- Capture of thread stacks for each operation make it possible in many cases to identify the root cause of an operation
- Reliable capture of process details, including image path, command line, user and session ID
- Configurable and moveable columns for any event property
- Filters can be set for any data field, including fields not configured as columns
- Advanced logging architecture scales to tens of millions of captured events and gigabytes of log data
- Process tree tool shows relationship of all processes referenced in a trace
- Native log format preserves all data for loading in a different Process Monitor instance
- Process tooltip for easy viewing of process image information
- Detail tooltip allows convenient access to formatted data that doesn't fit in the columna
Process Monitor runs on Windows Windows XP SP2 and up.
What's New in version 3.2:
- Adds an option to show all file system values in hexadecimal, adds additional error code and file system control strings, and fixes a bug that prevented boot capture on Windows 10.
"lack of CPU/memory occupancy"
Review Date: 2013-03-30
Cons: Does not show how much CPU and Memory resource each process is currently using.
Other Thoughts: None