|Software Product Description
Free GPS Mapping Software for Garmin and Magellan GPS devices. OkMap is a comprehensive software for many outdoor activities, that you can use for Trekking, Sailing, Mountain bike, Off road, Hunting and fishing, Finding mushrooms, Soft air, Geocaching.
- Images: ecw, bmp, gif, jpg, png, tif and many others
- Maps drg: gfw, jgw, pgw, tfw, bpw
- Vector data: shp, dbf (Esri shape file); dcw (Digital Chart of World)
- GPS data: gpx (GPS Exchange Format); wpt, plt, rte (OziExplorer); and many others formats thanks to the software GpsBabel
- DEM data (digital earth model): hgt (SRTM-1 and SRTM-3)
Supported Gps devices:
- Upload/download through GpsBabel: Garmin and Magellan
- NMEA navigation: all GPS devices that support Nmea protocol
Here are some key features of "OkMap":
- Calibrate vectorial and raster maps with diffent types of cartographic projections
- Create own digital maps drawing point, multipoint, polyline and polygon vector
- Display simultaneously raster maps and vectorial data
- Import digital vectorial data based on different types of cartographic projections
- Use calibrated maps and vectorial data as background for navigation
- Create and represent on maps (raster and vectorial): waypoints, routes and tracks
- Use digital terrain models to display the elevation of any point on the map
- Load and save waypoints, routes and tracks in GPX format
- Upload and download waypoints, routes and tracks to and from a GPS device
- Navigate in real time via a GPS device through NMEA protocol
- Display Google Earth and Google Maps in current map location
- Exchange data with Google Earth
- Exchange data with gpsgate.com server
- Receive via socket customized navigation data from remote GPS devices
- Send via socket the current position to an OkMap remote server
- Make conversions between different types of coordinates, datums, formats, etc..
- Use a handy calculator for your calculations
What´s New in version 10.12.1:
- Info waypoint: Added image thumbnail if image available in local.
- Navigation along track / route: Now follow the track / route sequence.
- Information tooltip: Tooltip duration set to 30 seconds.
- Track band: Sometime the band overlaps track line.
- Track statistics: Distance between segments is now considered.
- Map tiling: Resizing cursor doesn't work properly, fixed.
- Load World file & GeoTiff: Scaling problem when unit of measure different from meters.
- Routing: ´Required fields´ message when missing streets, fixed.
| User Reviews
"couldn't even install it"
Other Thoughts: On WinXP SP2, which is about as standard as a machine gets. The program crashes on load, I tried uninstall, delete directory, re-download, re-install, same result. I sent a support message to the author, he never responded at all. Not very impressive.