OpenGL Extension Viewer for Windows 5.0.0 Pick
Software Product Description
The extension registry is maintained by SGI and contains specifications for all known extensions, written as modifications to the appropriate specification documents. The registry also defines naming conventions, guidelines for creating new extensions and writing suitable extension specifications, and other related documentation.This program displays the vendor name, the version implemented, the renderer name and the extensions of the current OpenGL 3D accelerator. If you have an Internet connection, you can retrieve from SGI the extension's specifications that explain the available extensions.
OpenGL Extensions Viewer has evolved!. The interface has been redesigned with a Windows Vista(*) like interface and even more intuitive interface with new features:
- .NET 2.0 technology for user interface, easier to navigate and to use (*)
- Direct X Version Check (Direct X 9, Direct X 10 and Shader Model) (*)
- Better OpenGL driver version detection under Windows Vista (*)
- Multiple monitor enumerations. New pixel format display (*)
- Driver update and DirectX update (*)
- Improved software update mechanism with database versioning (*)
- Database browser improved, with ability to see extensions supported by current renderer amonst the list of all extensions (*)
- New rendering tests interface, windowed rendering tests.
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Review Date: 2008-09-07
Other Thoughts: This requires Microsoft's .Net 2 Framework
Not pre-informing of optional-based system needs is an Author no-no
but I'll be "nice" (this time) and give it a 2 rating, just for that lapse