RSSOwl 2.2.1 Pick
Software Product Description
RSS ("Really Simple Syndication" or "Rich Site Summary") is a document specification that gives users the power to collect and organize Web-based news and information in a more efficient manner. Applications that collect data from RSS-compliant sites are called RSS readers or "aggregators". RSSOwl is such an application. It lets you gather, organize, update, and store information from any compliant source in a convenient, easy to use interface, save selected information in various formats for offline viewing and sharing, and much more.
Why "Owl"? The owl is a traditional symbol of wisdom, and a quiet, efficient hunter. You'll find RSSOwl's "big eyes" a big help when scanning the Web's vast array of RSS resources.
- High performance and native Look and Feel that uses the operation-system GUI theme
- Great platform support: Use RSSOwl on Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris
- Import/Export newsfeeds with OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language)
- Generate PDF/RTF/HTML documents from any news
- Use drag and drop to manage your favorites in unlimited nested categories
- Loaded newsfeeds are automatically stored in an archive to read them while being offline
- Powerfull, integrated Newsfeed searchengine
- Perform a fulltext-search with result-syntaxhighlight
- AmphetaRate integration to rate news and receive recommendations
- RSSOwl is highly customizable (set Fonts, Hotkeys, Language,...)
- Display news in the internal browser
- Big Tutorial and FAQ to help you manage your new newsreader
Supported Languages: 26 (English, Russian, Chinese, German and much more).
"Best I've Found"
Review Date: 2009-08-24
Other Thoughts: I tried several and this is the one I liked best. As of this review, Version 2.0 is available from the RSSOwl website.