Rainlendar Lite 2.14.148 Beta / 2.13.1 Pick
Software Product Description
- Small and lightweight
- Different type events can have different appearence
- Supports Windows transparency
- Synchronizes events between several clients
- Localized for multiple languages
- Shows an alarm when an event is due
- Supports iCal files.
- Shows Outlook's appointments
- Includes a todo-list
- Works also as Litestep plugin
- Displays the current date in tray icon
- Can stick to the desktop (i.e. doesn't hide with Show Desktop)
- Hotkeys for quick access
- Easy skinning with an UI
- Can be controlled from 3rd party applications with !bangs
- and more...
- Windows XP SP3/2003/Vista/7/8/10
- 15 MB of available hard disk space
- 512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
- A display card capable of showing transparent windows
What's New in version 2.13.1:
- Weekly recurring tasks did not show due date correctly if the interval was greater than 1.
- '!'-char broke the links.
- Using %W in time items moved the time to the first day of the week.
- The current language is now stored as a string to settings so that it doesn't accidentally change when upgrading to new version.
- The tooltip is opened always upwards if there is more room.
- Changing months from keyboard works only if no modifiers (shift, alt, control) are down.
- Added check to prevent redraw loop in task and event lists.
Review Date: 2014-07-29
Cons: 1.Not portable, even if you copy rainlendar2.ini to program folder as suggested by author.
Other Thoughts: 1.Unable to move an Event to Task, and vice versa.
2.When editing start date, the end date is changed, or vice versa, but not to the date you want, and without asking for your confirmation. This is INTOLERABLE.