Rapid Environment Editor 9.1 build 933
Software Product Description
- Editable tree - Show environment variables and values as an editable tree. Click the thumbnail to view the full size image
- No typing - You don't need to type long pathnames. Just choose path using File Explorer tree
- Portable mode - RapidEE doesn't require installation and could be run as a "portable application". View details.
- Easy values manipulation - RapidEE supports drag'n'drop for reordering of variable values
- Error checking - Automatically checking for invalid pathnames and filenames
- Backup - Environment variables can be backed up to the registry file (.reg)
- Multilanguage interface - RapidEE is translated into number of languages (English, Russian, Japanese, French, Polish, German, Italian, Latvian, Slovak, Greek, Spanish, Chinese, Dutch), and the language can be changed on the fly.
- Skins - Skins allow you to change the look and feel of RapidEE
- Variable inspector - Inspector shows miscellaneous information about variables: name, type, value, short file name in the 8.3 naming convention for each long file name and vice versa.
- Multiuser support - If you have an administrative privileges then you can edit environment variables for any user on your computer.
"only for expert"
Review Date: 2012-12-05
Cons: I am running on Windows XP SP 3, but it shows OS as "Windows NT". No hints on XP and SP3. So, merely "NT" is just meaningless.
Other Thoughts: None