Software Product Description
Scilab is an open source software. Since 1994 it has been distributed freely along with the source code via the Internet. It is currently used in educational and industrial environments around the world. Scilab is now the responsibility of the Scilab Consortium, launched in May 2003. There are currently 25 members in Scilab Consortium.
Scilab includes hundreds of mathematical functions with the possibility to add interactively programs from various languages (C, C++, Fortran). It has sophisticated data structures (including lists, polynomials, rational functions, linear systems...), an interpreter and a high level programming language.
- 2-D and 3-D graphics, animation
- Linear algebra, sparse matrices
- Polynomials and rational functions
- Interpolation, approximation
- Simulation: ODE solver and DAE solver
- Scicos: a hybrid dynamic systems modeler and simulator
- Classic and robust control, LMI optimization
- Differentiable and non-differentiable optimization
- Signal processing
- Metanet: graphs and networks
- Parallel Scilab
- Interface with Computer Algebra: Maple package for Scilab code generation
- Interface with Fortran, Tcl/Tk, C, C++, Java, LabVIEW
- And a large number of contributions for various domains
Review Date: 2009-10-20
Other Thoughts: Great tool for most types of calculations and results representation. Not that easy to start if you don't read documentation (there are free books in english i think, at least there are in russian). Very good alternative for many of MathCad features. Good thing to make some "applications" with user interface without knowing of another programming languages GUI libraries. Helps alot.
P.S. there is "exit" command to exit console.