Stellarium 0.15.2 / 0.90.0.9313 Dev
Software Product Description
It is being used in planetarium projectors. Just set your coordinates and go.
- default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- extra catalogues with more than 210 million stars
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations
- constellations for twelve different cultures
- images of nebulae (full Messier catalogue)
- realistic Milky Way
- very realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset
- the planets and their satellites
- a powerful zoom
- time control
- multilingual interface
- fisheye projection for planetarium domes
- spherical mirror projection for your own low-cost dome
- all new graphical interface and extensive keyboard control
- telescope control
- equatorial and azimuthal grids
- star twinkling
- shooting stars
- eclipse simulation
- skinnable landscapes, now with spherical panorama projection
- plugin system adding artificial satellites, ocular simulation, telescope configuration and more
- add your own deep sky objects, landscapes, constellation images, scripts...
- Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10; Linux/Unix; MacOS X 10.3.x or greater.
- A 3D graphics card with a support for OpenGL.
- A dark room for realistic rendering - details like the Milky Way or star twinkling can't be seen in a bright room.
- Minimum of 256 MiB RAM, 1 GiB or more required for the largest star catalogues.
Review Date: 2015-12-02
Pros: I tried this new version but I discovered this is only a beta version. I suggest waiting for the final release.
Other Thoughts: None