ToolBox 2.85 Pick
Software Product Description
The first version of ToolBox was written many years ago as a 16-bit Windows 3.1 application using Borland Pascal. Since then many features have been added to it, in order to maximize its usefulness.
A fully portable application, ToolBox does not need installation. All you have to do is unzip the distribution files on a directory and run the executable. Upgrading your operating system does not affect it. Moving it to a different folder is never a problem. To uninstall you just delete the directory you created for the first run.
ToolBox is particularly useful for removable media (USB drives) or as an application launcher in read-only media (CD-ROM).
- multiple application launching windows
- shortcuts to almost everything (files, urls, folders, drives)
- support for any icon size, Windows XP alpha-channel icon transparency
- transparency effects even on Windows 95/98/Me
- fully customisable user interface
- monitor drive sizes
- monitor operating system up-time
What's New in version 2.85:
- Bug fix for exception when mouse-up event is sent to ToolBox without a previous mouse-down.
"Try Win XP"
Review Date: 2010-04-30
Other Thoughts: I just found this and am using it on Windows XP. Works fantastic. Because you can set the icon size, as well as have multiple "toolboxes" open at once, this is great for my most used programs and NO need to take up a boatload of screen real estate.