UltraDefrag Portable 7.0.1
Software Product Description
There are three interfaces to them: graphical, console and native. The first is very useful, because it uses cluster map visualization. Console is good for task scheduler, and native tool - for advanced users and programmers.
UltraDefrag's design is very ergonomic: no skins, no localization, no animation and so on. It's a truely small and powerful program!
- very fast defragmentation, because engine is kernel mode driver and has optimal algorithm.
- very small engine written in pure C language.
- nice graphical interface - compact and comfortable.
- safety, because file moving is realized with special system calls.
- simple to use.
- generate html reports.
- has useful filters.
- free: distributed with full source code under the GNU General Public License.
Review Date: 2012-01-09
Cons: They seem to blend the installable reviews with the portable version
Other Thoughts: the portable version is unable to boot time defrag
Put the update info in Publishers Comment
It is set to connect to internet to check for update. Can be changed in Options