vLite 1.2 Pick
Software Product Description
This tool doesn't use any kind of hacking, all files and registry entries are protected as they would be if you install the full version only without the components you select for the removal.
It configures the installation directly, before the installation, meaning you'll have to remake the ISO and reinstall it. This method is much cleaner, not to mention easier and more logical than doing it after installation on every reinstall.
- hotfix, language pack and driver integration
- component removal
- unattended setup
- split/merge Vista installation CDs
- create ISO and burn bootable CD/DVD
What's New in version 1.2:
- new: Network Access Protection Agent
- new: Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- fix: WLAN (WSearch 4.0 install)
What's New in version 1.2 RC:
- new: '16-bit Support'
- new: 'Crash Dump Support'
- new: 'Digital Rights Management (DRM)'
- new: 'Distributed File System (DFS)'
- new: 'Group Policy' (Extreme)
- new: 'Intel Indeo'
- new: 'Microsoft Multi-Path Bus'
- new: 'Remote Access Connection Manager'
- new: 'Routing and Remote Access'
- new: 'Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)'
- new: 'SSDP Discovery'
- new: 'Telephony'
- new: 'TV Tuner support'
- new: 'User-mode Driver Framework'
- new: 'Windows HotStart'
- new: 'XBOX 360 Controller'
- new: Swedish GUI language
- upd: 'Function Discovery' changed to 'Windows Connect Now'
- fix: LAN disabling needed restart (Function Discovery)
- fix: Adobe Photoshop license issue (SNMP dependency)
- fix: Logon loop after hotfixing (App Experience)
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Download the Stable version. vLite 1.1.6 Final.
Review Date: 2010-01-13
Other Thoughts: i like these programs as they are very handy and nlite was flawless.
The only thing that spoils this one is the bug they have with waik if your running xp.
Yes you do have to download over 1.5gb in an iso form for this to work which is down to MS being strict with their licence agreement but if your running xp then you will have to copy wimgapi.dll from Program FilesWindows AIKToolsx86 to the vLite folder or you wont get past the first window on vlite.
Thats the only thing that stops me giving it full marks otherwise its another good little program.