Software Product Description
- creates images by assembling random images.
- can get random images from the internet or from a directory of your choice.
- can apply various effect to images (rotation, inversion, mirror, re-superposition, emboss...).
- can generate images of any size (Want to create a 10000x10000 images ? No problem !).
- can output many file format (JPEG, BMP, PNG, TGA, TIFF, PDF, PCX, PPM, XBM...)
- can work as a simple image generator, a webpage generator, a wallpaper changer, a screensaver...
- can run in command-line mode or GUI mode.
- runs under Windows (all flavors), Linux, MacOS X and any other OS where Python and the PIL library are available.
- can save/load its configuration to/from the registry or a simple configuration file in your home directory.
- supports proxies, with or without password.
- is opensource !
- is free !
The gallery is at http://sebsauvage.net/webgobbler/
Technical details and source code are available at http://sebsauvage.net/python/webgobbler/This program also runs under Linux, MacOS X and any operating system supporting Python and the Python Imaging Library (PIL).
Review Date: 2006-11-13
Other Thoughts: "wanders the web, downloads random images and mixes them".
WHY? Seems like an unsatisfied ghost program roaming the net indulging in harmless mischief.
Oh, in case you're wondering - No, I didn't try it.