Software Product Description
WMHelp.com XMLPad has a simple yet powerful intuitive workspace. The toolbar and menu which are placed on top of the design area at program start can be easily managed to display or hide quick-access buttons. The Property Editor and Document Outliner can be easily hided by moving the panel divider to the left side of workspace. By switching Design View buttons in the bottom of the Designer Area you may simply switch the current view.
- powerful XML and DTD editor with color syntax highlighting, line numbers,
- element range navigation and context-dependent schema-aware code-completing wizard.
- editing the DTD and XML using the tree and properties views, synchronized with the regular editor navigation.
- on-demand and online validation for XML files against the underlying schemas.
- auto-formatting the document.
- Preview and printing DTD & XML Schema in graphical diagram window.
The diagram is synchronized with editor.
- Support for various XML types such as RSS and Ant.
- XML Schema documentation generation (ws3p.xsl) with diagram images.
- Very big schemas (such as uccnet or xCBL35) use XML Schema binary cache in their implementation that mitigated
performance issues in validation and analysis. Every schema used in validation is compiled in binary format
on first use and later could be loaded from cache.
- Generation of XML samples from XSD/DTD or a sample of XSD/DTD from XML file.
Converting XSD to DTD and DTD to XSD.
- Schema component renaming (refactoring), navigation between schema components
(Goto definition/Goto reference) and navigation from XML data to appropriate schema component.
- Regular expression builder and enumeration builder.
- XSLT debugger with Active script support (MS-compatible).
- Project system with CVS support.
- Support for JAXB and Castor binding.
- HTML & DBF import.
XMLPad 220.127.116.11 features:
- Windows Vista 32/x64 SP1 support.
- Fixed validation of non-conforming XML documents.
- Fixed some XSLT bugs.
Review Date: 2008-03-07
Other Thoughts: Very good easy to understand. Excellent tool.