ZSoft Uninstaller 2.5 Pick
Software Product Description
- Analyze an installation so it can be completely uninstalled (also supports reboots of the computer as the process is split into two: Before and after the installation)
- Search for leftovers after uninstalling a program
- Cleanup in the programs starting on your computer at startup
- Find and delete temporary files
- Find and delete empty folders
- Delete entries from programs that are no longer installed
- Hide Windows Updates
- Hide entries from the list that you are never going to uninstall (drivers etc.) making the list smaller and therefore easier to manage.
- Show more information than available though add/remove
- Automatically find entries from programs that are most likely already uninstalled
- Automatically find entries that are considered "crap-ware"
- (Off course) search the list of installed software
What's New in version 2.5:
- New tool: Empty folder finder
- New tool: Startup Manager
- New tool: Post Uninstaller (replaces the 'I think this is the folder' thing)
- Automatic backup of installation-logs to 'LogBackups' folder
- New info in sidebar
- Traditional Chinese & Simplified Chinese translations, thanks to Tony
- Polish translation, thanks to Piotr Dygdalowicz
- Swedish translation, thanks to Åke Engelbrektson
- Updated Valencian translation, thanks to Vicente Adam
- Updated Portuguese translation, thanks to Rui Morais
- Various fixes and additions
"Lack Registry Info"
Review Date: 2010-11-18
Pros: It shows a lot of info about a program before you decide to uninstall it, by right-clicking it.
Cons: Lack of Registry info about the program.
Other Thoughts: Revo Uninstaller shows Registry info about a program. So, I use both Revo and ZSoft to complement each other.