Software Product Description
1) Synchronize directories for routine backup, for example between hard drive and USB drive or synchronize two computers via USB drive.
2) General purpose backup and restore utility on local drive or LAN
- portable - no setup needed. Works from USB stick, does not write to the registry
- backup/ synchronize to local drives or network computers (LAN)
- Unicode support for foreign characters in file names
- copy modes: update files, mirror source to target, synchronize, dated backup, restore
- filter files based on extension, size, date, subdirectories
- preview and execute operation
- save backup scripts for routine backups
- manual, batch or command line operation
- small size
- there is also version with installer available from homepage
What's New in version 2.85.0 a:
- 02.2016 wildcards (* ?) allowed in masks, settings to manual, ZbackA.exe
"Perfect backup solution"
Review Date: 2013-02-05
Pros: Small, clean, fast, portable. ANY way you need to backup, synch, copy, mirror files from one drive or folder to another; this is the BEST program for it! Command line allows you to configure it, schedule it,and put it in a batch file. It has a "quiet mode", or user prompted, and will give a report if you want one. Simple and powerful!
Cons: As of 02/05/2013 - It would not overwrite read only files on target destination without user input. - The Author has already said he'll have that limitation fixed in a week or so!
Other Thoughts: The Author, Mr. Zorc, has another utility that he may publish: It's a TINY, stand alone, command line only program for professional users that can do what everything Zback does! He was kind enough to let me look at it and it's GREAT! Look for Bacar soon!
Thank you VERY MUCH Davor Zorc, for these excellent free programs!