Arch Search Engine 1.7
Software Product Description
Arch is an open source extension of Apache Nutch (a popular, highly scalable general purpose search engine) for intranet search. Not happy with your corporate search engine? No surprise, very few people are. Arch (finally!) solves this problem. Don't believe it? Try Arch, blind test evaluation tools are included.
In addition to excellent search quality, Arch has many features critical for corporate environments, such as document level security.
- Excellent search quality: Arch has solved the problem of providing good search results for corporate web sites and intranets!
- Up to date information: Arch is very efficient at updating indexes and this ensures that the search results are up to date and relevant. Unlike most search engines, no complete 'recrawls' are done. The indexes can be updated daily, with new pages discovered automatically.
- Multiple web sites: Arch supports easy dynamic inclusion or removal of websites.
- "Setup and forget": Arch can be installed by one person with limited webmaster experience. Once it has been installed, it requires little effort to maintain.
- 24/7 availability: Arch uses two indexes so that the search engine always has a working index. All crawling is done to a new index and switching to the new index happens only when the crawling has been completed.
- Document level security Arch is easy to configure and can be set up so that some parts are restricted to different users. Users can find only documents that they have a permission to see - a must in corporate environment.
- Customization:. Arch can be customized to specific requirements using either Java or PHP.