AirDroid for Win 184.108.40.206
FREEWAREFILES EDITOR'S REVIEW
Modern smart phones have advanced in many ways, and they allow users to perform many functions that were formerly possible only on computers. However, they still have their limitations. For example, performing some tasks on their screens is still challenging in spite of the fact that they have relatively large screens. If you have an Android phone, then AirDroid will let you take advantage of your computer's large screen to manage the mobile device. The free Android software establishes communication between a Smartphone and computer, and the new desktop client is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
While the AirDroid phone app communicates with computers via Web browsers, the desktop client is a stand-alone program that does not require a Web browser. However, we discovered we could not use the program before signing up for an AirDroid account, something that was formerly only required to access enhanced features.
Once we had signed in via the desktop client, it displayed many features that AirDroid app users are already familiar with. However, the user interface was simpler, featuring a navigation pane on the left side of the program window.
The pane provided options for various functions, including handling text messages, transferring files between the computer and mobile device, viewing contact list, call records and app notifications. We could choose the apps whose notifications we wanted to receive, which were prominently displayed on the computer screen.
We particularly loved AirDroid's mirroring feature that let us control our mobile device directly from the computer. Please note the mirroring feature does not work with all phones. While we could not use the computer itself to make or receive calls, we could use it to either dismiss or accept the calls.
The program encrypts data sent between computer and Android device, including text messages, contact details and app notifications. The end-to-end encryption is meant to prevent any third party from reading the information sent between the computer and mobile device.
AirDroid is a handy Android desktop client that provides full control of a mobile device via a computer. Unlike the AirDroid phone app, the client does not require a Web browser to function. It provides better file transfer and enhanced security, but the drag-and-drop feature is still problematic.
Note: AirDroid allows you to transfer up to 200MB of data every 30 days. Unlimited transfers require users to upgrade to the premium version.
Software Product Description
- SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
- Files: transfer files between Android and computer from any network.
- Notification Mirror: Mirror phone notifications from any allowed apps to computer.
- AirMirror (beta): Complete control of Android, and use any apps, like WhatsApp, WeChat and Line. (requires root, AirDroid Windows & Mac only)
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
- Photos: Transfer photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transfer them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export ringtones.
- Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (requires root)
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Camera: See through the lens of both front and back cameras.
- URL: Push url to Android and open it with default web browser.
- Clipboard: Share clipboard content between Android and computer.
Help, feedback and news:
- Help Center: http://help.airdroid.com/
- Official Forum: http://forum.airdroid.com/
- Official Blog: http://blog.airdroid.com/
- Twitter: http://Twitter.com/AirDroidTeam
- Facebook: http://Facebook.com/AirDroid
- Google+: http://Gplus.to/AirDroid
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support Forum on XDA: http://goo.gl/jqmev2
Review Date: 2017-01-11
Other Thoughts: GOOD,JUST ROOT YOURSELF ; ^ )