EasyBCD Community Edition 2.3.0 Pick
Software Product Description
Note: The community edition is free and requires registration prior to download.EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to taking control of your bootloader. EasyBCD extends and revamps the Windows Vista/Windows 7 BCD bootloader, and with EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring a dual-boot between Windows 7, Windows Vista, older versions of Windows such as XP & 2003, Linux, Ubuntu, BSD, and Mac OS X is a breeze. You just point & click and EasyBCD does the rest.
EasyBCD is geared for users of all kinds. Whether you just want to add an entry to your old XP partition or want to create a duplicate for testing purposes; if you're interested in debugging the Windows Kernel or septuple-booting your seven test operating systems, EasyBCD is the key.
- Boot into XP/Vista/7/8/10/Ubuntu/OS X and more!
- Boot from USB, Network, ISO images, Virtual Harddisks (VHD), WinPE, and more!
- Repair the Windows bootloader, change your boot drive, create a bootable USB, and more!
- Rename entries, set default boot target, change BCD timeout, hide the boot menu, and more!
- Create your own custom boot sequence, hide drives on boot, backup and restore configurations, and more!
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. (automatically installed during setup)
Review Date: 2016-01-21
Pros: software ok - even if there are better ones out there!
Cons: Neosmart support - it virtually does not exist. I'm a paying customer, purchased a licenses, tried to activate the product and got a message that the server is not responsive, tried it for days, same result. Then contacted the support for help, several time, no answer, no help, who cares!
Other Thoughts: Stay away from any Neosmart product, if not you will regret it. Its a waste of money and a waste of time. Really one of the worse companies I ever had to deal with.