Software Product Description
FileChecker will help you to watch important system files for changes, modifications, or tampering (by malicious programs).
- Lets you specify files to watch.
- Notifies (if you want) and logs if changes/modifications/deletions/tamperings occur to the files you have selected.
- Runs in the background - can be minimized to the system tray for convenience.
- Is very small, and takes up very little memory.
- Can save your watch list and scan time preferences.
- Can start up minimized to the system tray, and begin watching your files silently.
- Can compute cryptographic hashes of files (checksums)!
- Has new installer program that should install extraneous files that were missing on some users' computers.
- Added configuarble pop-up notification options (you can select to have pop ups for all detected changes, just for checksums, just for file deletions, combinations of those, etc.)
- Log file format changed to add date and time for events.
- Log file can now be set up to export to a text file (it is recommended you configure the log file to be placed in a directory OTHER than your FileChecker install directory).
- Watch-list is now stored in ENCRYPTED format (you can also change your current watch-list to encrypted format with a click of a button).
- Other configuration information (such as location of log file) is stored in ENCRYPTED format.
- You can select only certain files on your watch-list to be checksummed.
- Help file added.
- Password Protection
- Optional installation as a Windows Service (adds to the security!)
- Logging to the NT Event Log
- Administrator Lock-Down Features
- Bug Fixes
- Optional tool-tips to help new users.
- Fixed a small number of bugs some users were experiencing.
- Fixed "run-time error 6" crash.
- SMTP ALERT ENGINE! (Send e-mail alerts for deletions, checksum changes, etc.)
- Donation page
- Tutorial for beginning users