Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter 1.5
Software Product Description
MKV is an open standard of multimedia container that allows to embed multiple audio tracks and subtitles in one file. For this reason it is very often used to rip DVD and Blu-ray discs. Unfortunately, many players and video editing programs do not support the MKV format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MKV files to more popular format, such as AVI or MPG.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. While more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, audio track to convert, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume, deinterlacing, and other.
The Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click the CONVERT button.
The most important features:
- Converting MKV video files to AVI or MPG.
- Limited support for other video formats (including AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, MTS, OGM, AMV).
- Decoding the most important audio and video codecs used in MKV files: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, XviD, VC-1, AC3, DTS, AAC, MP3 etc.
- Supported video encoders: XviD, DivX 3, H.264 (x264), WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), HuffYUV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2.
- Supported audio encoders: Lame (MP3), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM 16-bit.
- Support for multithreaded encoding using the H.264 (x264) encoder.
- The ability to convert any audio stream from a video file with multiple audio tracks.
- A number of predefined conversion profiles. Possibility to save your own settings to an INI file.
- A large number of encoding parameters: audio and video bitrate, fps, number of channels and audio sampling, the volume, change the resolution, scaling and cropping the image, deinterlacing, and others.
- Possibility of 2-pass encoding, which will increase the image quality and reduces the volume of output file.
- The ability to save the FFmpeg encoder commands in a BAT file.
- The program requires no installation. Just extract ZIP archive to any directory and double-click the file mkvtoavi.exe.
- The program is portable: it does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI files in a directory with the program. Thus, the program can be run from portable devices such as pendrives, removable drives.
- The program has a built-in support for multiple languages. Current version supports Chinese (simplified), Czech, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish.
- 100% freeware! - for home and commercial use. The program does not require registration, there is no built-in limitations and spyware applications, does not add to the generated files "watermarks", etc.
Whats New in version 1.5:
- Changed toolbar.
- New icons.
- New file list control with many additional features (sorting, row and column moving...).
- New version of the FFmpeg and MediaInfo library.
- Possibility to set the default video encoder by the user.
- Better support for Matroska video files.
- Added support for additional languages: Chinese (simplified), Finnish, Hungarian, Russian.
- Totally clean installer, without any ads.
Reviewer: -Mister White
Review Date: 2015-01-17
Pros: It converts files relatively fast. Supports converting multiple files, one after the other (extremely handy when converting episodes). It's very easy to use. After conversion the output file size is very close to the original. Both Video and Audio quality is beyond descent. Basically, if you got down a TV Show in MKV format that you want to play on your old DVD Player, this program will let you convert an entire season in around 1 or 2 hours (depending on the amount of RAM and CPU power that your computer has. And of course, file size and the settings that you use) I can convert 6 MKV files of around 255MB size each in around an hour (without using 2 pass encoding) on a 3GHz single core CPU with only 1 GB of RAM.
Other Thoughts: I'm using Video to Video Converter for individual files, but for some reason it does not apply the specified settings to ALL the files that you add in the list, just the first one, and by doing so it does not convert multiple files properly.
Therefore i started using Pazera MKV to AVI for converting multiple files.