Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter 1.6
Software Product Description
MKV is an open standard of multimedia container that allows to embed multiple audio tracks and subtitles in one file. For this reason it is very often used to rip DVD and Blu-ray discs. Unfortunately, many players and video editing programs do not support the MKV format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MKV files to more popular format, such as AVI or MPG.
At default settings, the application converts files using Xvid video encoder and MP3 audio encoder, and automatically selects all the encoding parameters so as to preserve the original video and audio quality.
Most portable and fixed players should have no problems playing AVI files created with these settings.
The program has a number of predefined conversion settings (profiles) designed for beginners. More advanced users can customize many video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, audio track to convert, sampling frequency, resolution, volume, deinterlacing, and other.
The basic usage of the Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter is a very simple: to convert MKV video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click Convert button on the toolbar.
The program is available in both 32 bit and 64 bit version, in the form of installer and ZIP archive. The conversion process of the 64-bit version is faster by a few to 25% (depending on the selected video encoder) compared to the 32-bit version.
What's New in version 1.6:
- From now the program is also available in a 64-bit version.
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- New columns: video codec, video codec ID, video profile, video bitrate, width, height, resolution, display aspect, frames/sec., scan type, bits/pixel, video stream size, audio codec, audio codec ID, audio profile, audio bitrate, channels, sampling, audio stream size.
- New actions: Uncheck all files, Check selected files, Uncheck selected files, Clear file list.
- The default video encoder was changed from H.264 to Xvid, which is more "native" to AVI files.
- Added support for Swedish language.
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Reviewer: -Mister White
Review Date: 2015-01-17
Pros: It converts files relatively fast. Supports converting multiple files, one after the other (extremely handy when converting episodes). It's very easy to use. After conversion the output file size is very close to the original. Both Video and Audio quality is beyond descent. Basically, if you got down a TV Show in MKV format that you want to play on your old DVD Player, this program will let you convert an entire season in around 1 or 2 hours (depending on the amount of RAM and CPU power that your computer has. And of course, file size and the settings that you use) I can convert 6 MKV files of around 255MB size each in around an hour (without using 2 pass encoding) on a 3GHz single core CPU with only 1 GB of RAM.
Other Thoughts: I'm using Video to Video Converter for individual files, but for some reason it does not apply the specified settings to ALL the files that you add in the list, just the first one, and by doing so it does not convert multiple files properly.
Therefore i started using Pazera MKV to AVI for converting multiple files.