Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter 1.11
Software Product Description
MP4 files are commonly used by video sites, portable players (iPod, PSP), mobile phones (iPhone) and other devices. Unfortunately, many players and video editing software does not support the MP4 format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MP4 file to more common format such as AVI or MPG.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. While more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other.
The Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click the CONVERT button.
The most important features:
- Converting MP4, M4V and MP4V files to AVI or MPG.
- Limited support for other video formats (including AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, FLV, MTS, OGM, AMV).
- Decoding the most important audio and video codecs used in MP4 files: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, AAC, MP3, MP2, MPEG-1 Audio Layer 1 etc.
- Supported video encoders: H.264 (x264), XviD, DivX 3, WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), HuffYUV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2.
- Supported audio encoders: Lame (MP3), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM 16-bit.
- Support for multithreaded encoding using the H.264 (x264) encoder.
- A number of predefined conversion profiles. Possibility to save your own settings to an INI file.
- A large number of encoding parameters: audio and video bitrate, fps, number of channels and audio sampling, the volume, change the resolution, scaling and cropping the image, and others.
- Possibility of 2-pass encoding, which will increase the image quality and reduces the volume of output file.
- The ability to save encoder commands in a BAT file.
- The program is portable: it does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI files. Thanks to this program can be run from portable devices such as pendrives, removable drives.
- The program has a built-in support for multiple languages. Current version supports Chinese (simplified), Czech, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese (BR), Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish.
- 100% freeware! - for private and commercial use. The program does not require registration, there is no built-in limitations, does not add to the generated files "watermarks", etc.
What's New in version 1.11:
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- New columns: video codec, video codec ID, video profile, video bitrate, width, height, resolution, display aspect, frames/sec., scan type, bits/pixel, video stream size, audio codec, audio codec ID, audio profile, audio bitrate, channels, sampling, audio stream size.
- New actions: Uncheck all files, Check selected files, Clear file list
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Review Date: 2011-12-23
Pros: free easy to use
Cons: not too slow
Other Thoughts: go to authors site-he has a portable version(portable versions of all his apps)