CCleaner Portable 5.21.5700 Pick
Software Product Description
Cleans the following:
- Firefox: Internet Cache, Cookies, Internet history, Saved form information, more.
- Chrome: Internet Cache and History, Download history, Last download location, more.
- Internet Explorer: Temporary Internet files, history, cookies, index.dat files, recently typed URLs, more.
- Opera: Cache, history, sessions, saved passwords, more.
- Windows: Empty Recycle Bin, clipboard, temp files, memory dumps, shortcuts, windows log files, more.
- Advanced cleaning: Windows event logs, old prefetch data, menu order cache, tray notifications cache, environment path, much more.
- Windows Explorer: Recent docs, Run (in Start Menu), Other Explorer MRUs, thumbnail cache, taskbar jump lists, network passwords.
Notes for Portable version.Start the CCleaner by double-clicking on portable.exe instead of CCleaner.exe and use CCleaner normally.
CCleaner Portable requires administrator or power user rights to run. These rights are needed for registering the required CCleaner components.
CCleaner Portable Settings:
To change CCleaner Portable Settings you need to manually edit the values in portable.ini under [PORTABLE] section.
- DebugMode - Show CCleaner
- Portable debug window.
- 0 - Disabled (default)
- 1 - Enabled
- CCleanerPath - Full or relative path to folder containing CCleaner files.
- CCommandLine - Add parameters in CCleaner command line.
- IfInstalled - Changes the behaviour when CCleaner is installed on the system.
- 0 - Backup installed CCleaner (default)
- 1 - Run installed CCleaner
- 2 - Error message
CCleaner Portable command line options:
- /DEBUG - Adds /DEBUG in CCleaner command line.
- /AUTO - Adds /AUTO in CCleaner command line.
- /REG - Registers CCleaner component's and writes settings in registry.
- /UNREG - Unregisters CCleaner component's and removes CCleaner registry entries. *
- /NOIC - Skip CCleaner installation check.
- /DBG - Shows the CCleaner Portable debug window.
- /FORCE - Starts CCleaner even when there is fatal errors.
- When using /UNREG CCleaner Portable skips the CCleaner installation check.
Since version 1.37 CCleaner supports loading/saving settings to an INI file (CCleaner.ini) rather than the registry. CCleaner Portable uses this option and it should not be disabled. CCleaner settings are stored in CCleaner.ini under [Options] section.
"Newer versions have bugs in XP"
Review Date: 2015-09-24
Other Thoughts: 4.19 recommended for XP.
Anything higher seems to have bugs under the registry cleaner section.
But the newer versions work fine for Vista & higher.