CCleaner Portable is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that itīs fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and FREE! :)
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
- Opera: Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
- 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
This is the portable version of CCleaner which does not require installation.
Notes for Portable version.
Start the CCleaner by double-clicking on portable.exe instead of CCleaner.exe and use CCleaner normally.
CCleaner Portable requires administrator or power user rights to run. These rights are needed for registering the required CCleaner components.
CCleaner Portable Settings:
To change CCleaner Portable Settings you need to manually edit the values in portable.ini under [PORTABLE] section.
- DebugMode - Show CCleaner
- Portable debug window.
- 0 - Disabled (default)
- 1 - Enabled
- CCleanerPath - Full or relative path to folder containing CCleaner files.
- CCommandLine - Add parameters in CCleaner command line.
- IfInstalled - Changes the behaviour when CCleaner is installed on the system.
- 0 - Backup installed CCleaner (default)
- 1 - Run installed CCleaner
- 2 - Error message
CCleaner Portable command line options:
- /DEBUG - Adds /DEBUG in CCleaner command line.
- /AUTO - Adds /AUTO in CCleaner command line.
- /REG - Registers CCleaner componentīs and writes settings in registry.
- /UNREG - Unregisters CCleaner componentīs and removes CCleaner registry entries. *
- /NOIC - Skip CCleaner installation check.
- /DBG - Shows the CCleaner Portable debug window.
- /FORCE - Starts CCleaner even when there is fatal errors.
- When using /UNREG CCleaner Portable skips the CCleaner installation check.
Since version 1.37 CCleaner supports loading/saving settings to an INI file (CCleaner.ini) rather than the registry. CCleaner Portable uses this option and it should not be disabled. CCleaner settings are stored in CCleaner.ini under [Options] section.
Whatīs New in version 4.11.4619:
- Added Opera 15 and newer Startup item management.
- Added File content duplicate detection to File Finder.
- Improved Drive Wiper SSD detection.
- Added Torch Browser support.
- Added File Finder upper file size threshold.
- Optimized Firefox Profile Startup items detection.
- Improved Scheduler language support (Professional only).
- Improved Google Earth, Winamp, MusicMatch Jukebox, Windows Live Messenger, Free Download Manager and Internet Download Accelerator cleaning.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.