CCleaner Slim (No Toolbar) 5.19.5633 Pick
Software Product Description
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
- Opera: Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
- 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
What's New in version 5.03.5128:
- Added Google Chrome IndexedDB cleaning.
- Improved Windows 10 (build 9926) compatibility.
- Improved Firefox and Google Chrome session cleaning.
- Improved Unicode support in Startup tool.
- Improved keyboard navigation and shortcuts.
- Updated various translations.
- Minor GUI Improvements.
- Minor bug fixes.
"Down from 5 to 4 star"
Review Date: 2014-11-02
Pros: Good at cleaning trash
Cons: 1) Added social icons. Open CCleaner Options/About & you are treated to social icons for liking them on facebook, twitter, google plus, and youtube. 2) Monitoring. Added feature to check when you need to clean the system. Yet another background service to check for updates, etc. And enabled by default?
Other Thoughts: Please do not add more bloat to this. I would hate to have to switch to another program, such as glarysoft, or wise disk cleaner.
And, don't add more services running in background.
If you do have the option, let them be disabled by default, because it is annoying to always have to untick them when I set my machine up.