doPDF 8.8.947 Pick
Software Product Description
doPDF installs itself as a virtual printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list. To create PDF files, you just have to print your documents to the doPDF pdf converter. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF. It will ask you where to save the PDF file and when finished, the PDF file will be automatically opened in your default PDF viewer.
- No Ghostscript - doesn't require 3rd party programs to create PDF files (like Ghostscript)
- Customizable resolution - choose any resolution from 72 dpi to 2400 dpi
- Predefined/custom page sizes - choose a default page size (like Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6, ...) or define your own
- Searchable PDFs - you can search for text within the generated PDF file (and search engines will also index the text from the PDF)
- Multilanguage support - choose a language for the user interface
"Installation is naughty"
Review Date: 2017-02-08
Cons: No option given to install anywhere other than the C:programme files folder. Like, say, a non-OS partition. Or where to put the start menu entry; as in not having its own silly folder under the publishers name not even the programme's name. Or no start menu item at all, since it doesn't need one - it is activated from within other programmes.
Other Thoughts: So many software publishers don't seem to realise that filling the start menu with their own proprietary folders, that don't even have the same name as the programme half the time, just makes the start menu unusable.