Orbiter 2010 Pick
Software Product Description
But make no mistake - ORBITER is not a space shooter. The emphasis is firmly on realism, and the learning curve can be steep. Be prepared to invest some time and effort to brush up on your orbital mechanics background.
- Launch the Space Shuttle from Kennedy Space Center and rendezvous with the International Space Station.
- Recreate historic flights with addon spacecraft packages: Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Vostok and more.
- Plan interplanetary slingshots and tour the solar system with futuristic space craft.
- Design your own rockets, or download addons created by other users.
- Learn about the concepts of space flight and orbital mechanics by playing and experimenting.
"One of the best"
Review Date: 2011-01-25
Pros: Very well done in all aspects.
Cons: The only down side is it will take some time for new users to master the controls. Not that the controls are rough or hard to use, but there are a great number of controls. Don't get me wrong, once you have taken the time to get the feel for this amazing space flight sim you will have alot of fun with it.
Other Thoughts: The graphics of this are simply amazing. All flight models are extremly well done. Inside each craft there is an array of displays for almost any guage needed for spaceflight. The controls will take some time to master, but once you've done that this space flight sim will keep you occupied, and interested, for long periods.