Subtitle Edit Portable 3.5.1
Software Product Description
SE is written in C# and full source code is included.
- VISUALLY sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed).
- Show texts earlier/later
- Translation helper (for manual translation)
- Adjust display time
- Fix common errors
- Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Substation Alpha, SAMI, and more
- Remove text for hear impaired
- Can now read and write UTF-8 and unicode files (besides ANSI) *NEW*
- Swedish to danish translation built-in (via Multi Translator Online) *NEW*
- Google translation built-in *NEW*
- Spell checking via Open Office 2.x dictionaries (many dictionaries available) *NEW*
- Effects: Typewriter and karoake *NEW*
- Can open subtitles embedded inside matroska files *NEW*
- History/undo manager *NEW*
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
"Keep getting better"
Review Date: 2014-01-27
Pros: 1 very easy to adjust/sync using wave form! 2 very stable. 3 can do all you ever want with subtitles. 4 even works with Chinese. 5 can open subtitles inside video files. 6 regularly updated. Just the best!!
Cons: A bit hard for newbies...
Other Thoughts: A previous reviewer wrote about WMP being bad... he's not incorrect but SE does not use WMP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtitle_Edit