Windows PowerShell 5.0 / 6.0.0 Alpha 16
Software Product Description
Windows PowerShell allows you to control and manage the Windows environment more easily and comprehensively.
- Many features introduced in previous CTPs were modified based upon customer feedback. If your scripts used those features, they may have to be modified to run properly. A list of the changes is provided in the Release Notes.
- Windows PowerShell background jobs (jobs) rely on the remoting features of Windows PowerShell. To use jobs, Windows PowerShell remoting must be enabled, even if the job runs only on the local computer.
Selected Features in Windows PowerShell:
- PowerShell Remoting
- Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE)
- 63 New Cmdlets
- Script Debugging
- Advanced Functions
- PowerShell Class API
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Requires .NET Framework Version 2.0
- Requires WinRM 2.0 CTP3 to use remoting features.
- Requires .NET Framework 3.5.1 to use Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) and Out-GridView.
- The Get-WinEvent, Get-Counter and Import-Counter cmdlets work only on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Additionally, Get-WinEvent requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.